Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Bohemian Cabin Journey

Well yesterday was an amazingly productive day. Except for the horrible sore throat ...it was  fun and fruitful!  Joe sanded the vintage tub down and I started my magical painting game on it!  Iam loving the way it is looking. My goal is to keep it rustic looking...rust and all!  I used some black rustoleum spray paint then danced around that with a sponge dipped in white paint! I also sponged up some of the rust dust and worked it into the wet paint!  Still working on it but can not wait to see it with all the feet on it and flipped over!!!
WE aslo started the clean up on the vintage rheem royal stove.  We tore it apart and we are still getting the built up of grime from decades, off of it's lovely interior and exterior.  Here is the stove dis-membered!   LOL!
I also finished the cast iron patio set.... just need to do some touch up!


I used turquoise sky for the color and white washed with a white base.  The iron was brush stroked with a bronze patina paint by Valspar!  I left a lot of the original patina alone!  This set is going to look awesome in my Bohemian garden that I am creating under the wrap around porch.  This will be an oasis for morning coffee, afternoon tea and meditation space!  whoooo hoooo!   Can not wait to start it....but of course we have more pressing issues once escrow closes ...like refurbishing the well!!!  
The guest bathroom is pretty much together.  We have the toilet, the vanity, the bathtub. I will be buying the flooring here soon.  I am going with the tile that looks like wood flooring!
Found this at Lowe's!
Til my next update....create an inspiring day!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment