Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

HOOTER HUGGER DRIVE- It is time to Recycle your bra so it can be RE-LIVED and RE-LOVED!

The SqueakyGreenGoddess is initiating a bra recycling event.
October is Breast Awareness Month and it is my Birthday!
This year my gift to the planet and to my fellow goddesses abroad....  is to collect as many used bras as possible and donate them to three charities. My goal is to collect 53 bras per day (it is my 53rd birthday in this month) for the month of October!  That is 1,643 bras!!    I KNOWWWW... that sounds like a ton....but I have about 13 of my own to donate, so I know it is within reach.  I will pay for the shipping to each of the charities!  All bras will be shipped the week of November 1st!
The charities I have selected are:
Uplift Project
Bras For A Cause
Free The Girls
Please visit these sites and see what an impact a bra has on each one!  xxxooo


If your drawer looks like this.....it is time to clean it out and recycle your bras to be re-lived and re-loved!
Please contact me for the address to ship your recycled bras. I will also pick up bras in the East Bay, San Jaoquin valley, and  the Sacramento area! If you would like to be a collection sister, please let me know. if you are out of my area I will pay for the shipping to the central collection here in California (my home) where the bras will be inspected and sorted by charity. I will pay shiiping on the bras that have been sent to me for sorting. And if you collect more than 15 bras- I will pay for the shipping for them to be sent for sorting to my address. 
email me at desireevfps@gmail.com 0r call me at 209-598-3142 for the shipping address!  
Please make sure that your recycled bra is 
-clean
-and in good working order (hooks, straps etc)
-do not buy new bras - please send used bras only 

 Let's work  together as squeaky green goddesses and make a difference!
THANK YOU for your support!
Also, if you want to specify which charity your bra will go to.... that is awesome! As your wish is my command!
I will pay for the shipping to send the bras to the listed charities.  I will also give an update at the end of October as to how many bras were collected and how many went where!  I will share any letters or thank you received from the charities!  
Much love xxxooo
DesireeDharma , SqueakyGreenGoddess
ps... don't  forget to be even greener stewards and goddesses and spread the word. 

 Invite your friends and family! 
With your permission I will list you as a BRAGoddessDonor here on my blog! 

My goal is to collect an average of 53 bras a day  (It s my 53rd birthday!) for the month of October!
To my friends and family that are close- I will arrange for a pick up! xxxooo
I will keep you posted as this initiative unfolds!
Happy Hooter Hugger DRIVE!!  Let's roll GODDESSES!! 

A Quick Bio
DesireeDharma is an activist, a goddess, a sister, a  heart survivor and a huge supporter of our Earth Mother.  She believes that we can all make a difference.  It does not matter how big or small your contribution is....every single bit counts!  One person at a time. One bra at a time.
You can contact her at desireevfps@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment